What % of people who are overweight due to untreatable medical conditions vs just lack of caloric discression?
I watched a show on Discovery ” The Science of Obesity” in it they stated that only approx. 5% of overweight or obese people were so due to medical reasons ,leaving 95% of the overweight due to over eating and under exercising.
I’m looking for links or stats to support or verify theses numbers.
Acai Berry has been gaining in popularity in the last few years, but it is the new super fruit? Many people will answer that question will a resounding “Yes”. It is said to contain fibre, protein, plant sterols, antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and amino acids. A lot companies are now offering a way to benefit from the vitamins and minerals contained in this Brazilian fruit from the Amazon. There are shakes and juices and even tablets and capsules that can be taken to add Acai Berry to your diet since it is a difficult fruit to transport without spoiling, thus very hard to find outside of Brazil at a price that you could regularaly include in your diet.
As far as being a “Super Fruit” I am not sure, but anything that increases the amount of vitamins, minerals and fibre in our diets which are often lacking in the very things we need to function at our best, must be a good thing.
Perhaps including it in your diet, as well as increasing fresh fruit and vegetables, is a good start to help you on your way to better health and vitality.Read More